thank you to my friend kristee, who finally taught me to leave the salt OFF the kale chips until they’re done! what a difference. they are so incredibly good. i got this recipe off of nomnompaleo.com, which is a real, legitimate food blog, and it is so beautiful. i am incredibly jealous.
so you bake these kale chips at 400 for 12 minutes, rubbed with a little olive oil, and THEN salt them after cooking.
- make sure the kale is completely dry after washing it.
- use the thick, curly kale, not the baby kale in the back, already prepared.
- don’t salt before baking ~ salt after.
- add flavors! a dash of balsamic vinegar, crushed red pepper, parmesan cheese, stone ground mustard, etc…
- don’t forget hot sauce! isn’t everything better with hot sauce?