this is really filling, really good, and really healthy. a triple threat…
BUTTERNUT SQUASH/BLACK BEAN TACOS
- CUT UP A BUTTERNUT SQUASH INTO SMALL CUBES, TOSS THEM IN OLIVE OIL, AND THROW INTO A FRYING PAN. BROWN, TURN OCCASIONALLY, AND ADD THE FOLLOWING SPICES: SALT, PEPPER, GARLIC, CHILI POWDER, CUMIN, AND A TOUCH OF CINNAMON. COOK TILL YOU GET SOME COLOR, AND COVER WITH A LID IF THINGS ARE GETTING DRIED OUT.
- THAT’S ALL THE COOKING YOU’LL DO FOR THESE TACOS.
- DRAIN AND RINSE A CAN OF BLACK BEANS.
- DRAIN A CAN OF DICED PINEAPPLE, OR USE FRESH. OR USE MANGO. OR BOTH! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. JUST ADD SOME KIND OF FRUIT.
- ADD THE JUICE OF A LIME TO THE PINEAPPLE, ONE SEEDED, CHOPPED JALAPENO, A PINCH OF SALT AND PEPPER, AND SOME CILANTRO (I DIDN’T HAVE CILANTRO LAST NIGHT, SO I USED BASIL. IT WAS REALLY REFRESHING!)
- THIS IS BASICALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. LINE YOUR TACOS WITH THE SQUASH, THEN THE BEANS, THEN TOP WITH THE PINEAPPLE. IF YOU NEED CHEESE OR SALSA OR SOUR CREAM, HAVE AT IT! WE HAD A LITTLE SOUR CREAM IN THE FRIDGE LAST NIGHT, SO WE MIXED SOUR CREAM WITH SOME HOT SAUCE AND DIPPED THE TACOS IN THAT.
i had only two tacos last night and was really full and satisfied. it really packs a punch, and is so healthy!
i will definitely make this a weekly event ~ looks like taco night can be healthy too!