it’s rainy and gross out. and i don’t have to be a real person until 3:30!!! so i emptied my fridge and am cooking and baking until i’ve made something great out of it all.
so far, so good! banana-date-walnut muffins, anyone?
i think i’ll take them to church choir tonight.
this is a gwyneth paltrow recipe, from her amazing book, IT’S ALL GOOD. and is it ever, gwyneth. i have loved every recipe i’ve tried, so far!
i tweak a few things, of course.
(these are gluten free, by the way!)
as usual, mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another:
- 1/2 cup olive oil (i used half olive oil, half coconut oil)
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, or regular milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- whisk together.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (if the flour doesn’t include xantham gum, add 1 teaspoon). i ran out of g-free flour, so i added 1/2 cup buckwheat flour to top it off.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- whisk these together.
- then combine the wet with the dry and mix.
- drop in, well, whatever you want! but i followed the recipe and add chopped dates. LOVE those.
- i also added walnuts, which i adore.
and then, i added a topping:
- a little coconut oil (a tablespoon, if that)
- some maple syrup or agave nectar
- some g-free oats
- some more of those chopped walnuts
mix together with hands and add to the tops of the muffins.
don’t forget to grease the muffin tins!
bake at 400 for 20 minutes (or less if you’re making minis)
i think this will be my go-to muffin mix, and i’ll just change the extra ingredients out if i want different flavors. but banana nut is my fave.
look at those pretty little muffins!!!!