okay i stole this recipe from the website “SARAH BAKES”, and it looks like it’s a guest post from another blogger as well. it’s so good that it keeps getting re-posted!
but of course, i added some stuff. well, i guess i just added chocolate chips, but it was BRILLIANT.
gluten-free vegan banana-chocolate chip-walnut muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend (if you’re looking for a good blend, this is it!)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (i used 3)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk ( i used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- some dark chocolate chips (ghirardelli 60% cacao is my favorite!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the flour mixture, walnuts and chocolate. Stir for 1 minute, until well combined.
Bake for 25 minutes or so. If you make a bread in a loaf pan, it’s more like 45 minutes.
Cool in pan until you can’t wait any longer. My guests and I could only wait 5 minutes.