to commemorate the countdown to april 15 (tax day, if you’ve been on mars), i have decided we will be living without a luxurious trip to the grocery store, until further notice.
every pantry item will be used. every vegetable and fruit consumed. they might not be exciting dishes, but i will try to post what i make.
so, there’s a ton of lettuce, thanks to my organic food box, a pineapple, a mango, some oranges and lemons, some frozen mahi mahi, and the stubby ends of some herbs.
here’s what i made:
- defrost frozen mahi mahi in cold water.
- wash and pat dry. cover with salt and pepper.
- grill in a grill pan on the stove with some coconut oil and chopped pineapple. finish in a 400 degree oven, in a cast iron skillet. maybe for 5-8 minutes. just check it by cutting into one. no biggie.
- in a food processor, thrown in some herbs (parsley, basil, dill, cilantro, whatever you have. even just the stems are great)
- add garlic, salt and pepper, honey, olive oil, lemon juice and orange juice, and some of that chopped pineapple. i love canned pineapple, but there is NOTHING like fresh.
- blend it all and drizzle over greens, chopped pineapple, chopped mango, and whatever else you have!
NIGHT ONE COMPLETE!