whelp, it’s been a year of granola making, selling, and eating. i posted the recipe for “pixy’s granola” a while back, but the recipe has morphed a bit since then.
here’s the updated recipe…
- mix the following dry ingredients together: 4 cups oats (gluten-free if needed), 1 cup rice crispies (optional, but it really makes the batch crispy and crunchy), an assorted mix of nuts of your choice (use raw), 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- and now for the wet ingredients: take two tablespoons ground flax seed/meal, add 3 tablespoons water and microwave for a minute. stir and let sit until it takes on a thicker consistency.
- add 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons molasses, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon agave nectar. or you can just choose one or two of these yummy liquid sweets and just use what you like. but the molasses is really incredible. and i read that it is also very good for you!!
- mix the dry ingredients with the wet. mix WELL. use your hands!
- spread out on a couple sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until brown and fragrant.
- let cool and add your favorite dried fruit!!!