say THAT three times fast!
i have been stewing over what this first post after the beautiful rome post was going to be. i don’t wanna let anyone down with my crazy new diet.
and then i made this last night, and the hub and i slurped it down on the couch while watching the boob toob. and it was pretty amazing. i thought this would be the best first “i ain’t eatin’ pasta no’ mo'” post.
don’t worry ~ no tears here! i’m feeling SO GOOD! i highly recommend it!
enough chitter chatter ~ here’s the recipe!
ZUCCHINI LINGUINE BOLOGNESE (zoo-kee-nee/leen-gwee-nay/bo-lon-yay-zay)
ha ha ha. that’s a new idea. add the pronunciation. i gotta use my masters somehow!
- shave a couple zucchinis the long way.
- heat up a frying pan with some olive oil and garlic (i had roasted garlic. but whatever you got!)
- drop the zucchini in and stir fry it for a few minutes.
- meanwhile, heat up some marinara sauce or meat sauce, or whatever you have. i don’t mean to brag, but i had a container of homemade bolognese in the freezer. lordy, lordy. mighty good. (is this really a diet?)
- need that bolognese sauce recipe? yes, you DO need that. i think it’s on the blog somewhere. i’ll check.
- plate up the zucchini and top with lots of sauce (drown it with sauce, really).
- top with shaved parm and slurp away.
the hub did not miss the pasta, and i didn’t have to unbutton my pants and lie down on my tummy in agony. YESSSSS….
by the way, i received two very sweet comments, and i want to say THANK YOU! i love getting those comments ~ i love hearing what’s going on with you in your kitchens. it’s very inspiring!!! love to all of you!