this no sugar thing has me begging for snack time all day long! and it’s only been, ahem, i think 2 days? yikes. and i haven’t been perfect. i drank white wine, which is allowed if it’s super dry. and it was! but i don’t really believe that can be okay. honestly. i also had tacos at taco republic, and the salsa was really sweet. the hub says i shouldn’t worry so much about THAT kind of sugar. the hidden sugar. but isn’t that what the issue is? there’s sugar hiding in everything!!
i’m just going to do the very best i can, and i’m not going to be hard on myself. and if you decide to do it too, please be kind to yourself as well.
i need a snack! so i made raw almonds dusted with unsweetened ghirardelli cocoa powder, and cinnamon. it’s really hitting the spot! a cup of tea would be a perfect match, but i have a bottle of austrian white wine in the fridge that is STARING at the back of my head. so hard to choose hot tea! soooo hard!!!!!
here’s the recipe ~ tweak it as you like!
- mix some unsweetened, dark chocolate cocoa powder in a ziplock with a pinch of salt and some cinnamon.
- heat up a tiny squirt of honey and a dash of vanilla in the microwave. just a little! a teaspoon of each, or less.
- mix a cup of almonds with the honey mixture until completely coated.
- drop the almonds into the ziplock and toss until all the almonds are coated with the yummy cocoa/cinnamon mixture.
- dump gently into a sieve and let all the excess cocoa fall out.
- and voila! you have a treat that’s super high in antioxidants, low in sugar, and very filling.