DISCLAIMER: okay, i made this recipe for us to eat for the week, and we only ate it once. it was very filling, very healthy, and very easy to make. but it didn’t have a ton of flavor. if you like super mild food ~ try this! it just wasn’t my favorite thing i’ve ever made. and i wanted to make sure you knew the truth before you made it!!
curry is just an exotic way to throw in the kitchen sink. you can add anything to this dish. i found this recipe online, and added my own veggies that were already in the fridge.
if you like this recipe, all you need to have stocked in your pantry is: coconut milk, canned tomatoes, chicken or veggie stock, and curry powder. the rest is just whatever veggies are in your fridge. and meat, if you’d like.
here’s the recipe:
SLOW COOKER CURRY
- turn on your slow cooker on high and drop in the following: 1/2 cup coconut milk, a 15 ounce can of tomatoes, 1/2 cup chicken or veggie stock, 2 Tablespoons curry powder, a dash of cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. stir together and that’s your base!
- drop in some diced chicken, if you’d like.
- add some veggies: sweet potato is my favorite! i added 2. diced, of course. 1 onion, and can of drained and rinsed chick peas. i think spinach and mushrooms would be so yummy too. i didn’t have those.
- cook on high for 4 hours (or on low for 8)
- when it’s done, add a cup of frozen peas and a BUNCH of cilantro. as much as you can! skirt the whole thing with the juice of a lime.
that’s what i’m having for dinner tonight!!