this is a fantastic recipe from giada de laurentiis’ cookbook titled “FEEL GOOD FOOD”. it’s a great cookbook that i use all the time. she really hit this one out of the park!
- spray a cookie sheet liberally with cooking spray.
- in a bowl, whisk one egg white until frothy.
- dump in your favorite mixture of nuts, like almonds, cashews and pepitas (she uses nuts that are roasted and salted already, but i use raw nuts from trader joe’s) ~ should be around three cups total. toss well to coat.
- in a small bowl, mix together the following spices: 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon curry powder or garam masala (LOVE garam masala ~ i highly recommend it!), 1 1/2 teas. cumin, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teas. cardamom, 1/4 teas. cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon salt.
- sprinkle the mixture over the nuts and toss until coated.
- arrange nuts in a single layer on the greased cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes.
- if you wanna go crazy ~ add golden raisins or dried cranberries!
this is a really good one! you gotta try it!
One thought on “spiced cocktail nuts.”
Going to make this when my oven is repaired tomorrow!!!
I use garam masala over diced sweet potatoes that I bake on 325 until their tender!!! YUMMY YUMMY stuff 🙂
Thanks for this post, it’ll be outstanding, just like YOU.