now that i’ve posted my pico de gallo and salsa verde recipes, let’s get down to business with this healthy, delicious and EASY soup!
have you ever made bean soup out of a can of beans, some broth and salsa? just something as quick and easy as possible? i hope it’s not just me who could live on that kind of lunch. well, this is the company version of that. it’s so flavorful and HEALTHY! love that word!
first, you need these two salsas hanging out in your fridge, so hurry up and make those…
pico de gallo ~ https://pixyskansascity.com/2015/03/31/pico-de-gallo/
salsa verde ~ https://pixyskansascity.com/2015/03/27/salsa-verde/
- drain and rinse two cans of black beans, or pinto beans. i used 1 can of each.
- drop into a pot and add 2 cups of chicken or veggie broth.
- add oregano, salt, pepper, and bring to a boil.
- turn heat down to medium low and add 2 cups of salsa verde and 1 cup of the pico.
- let simmer for a few minutes.
- dice up an avocado and cover with lime juice.
- when ready to serve, add the avocado to each bowl and serve with tortilla chips. top with chopped cilantro, if you’d like.
i want to try this soup next time with rotisserie chicken and queso fresco added! you can change the salsa amounts ~ it seems like the more, the better. NATURALLY!
here’s the lovely soup. i hope you’ll try it!