oh joy ~ oh rapture. i just made quiche for dinner!!! it was heavenly. it was everything you want in a quiche. flaky, buttery crust and flavorful fillings. and minus the stomach ache after!
first, here’s a picture. i took my dish outside while the beautiful spring sun was still shining and it made the dish even more delectable…
can’t ya just smell the fresh spring air?
this is a gluten free, grain free quiche. you will LOVE it, and you can keep your lovely, happy waistline!
GLUTEN FREE PALEO QUICHE
crust here’s all you need: in the bowl of a food processor, drop in the following
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or just a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal (opt)
- 1 large egg
pulse until it all comes together. press into a 9-inch pie plate. bake without the filling at 350 for 10 minutes. so easy!
filling here’s the rest. and there are, of course, soooo many ways you can make this quiche. here’s what i did tonight.
- the veggies: in a frying pan with a pat of coconut oil, sautee your favorite veggies: tonight, i did mushrooms, garlic, shallot and zucchini. i also had a couple gruyere-filled chicken sausages i added to the fun. mmmm.
- let it all get nice and brown, turn off the heat, and add a handful of chopped fresh spinach. the heat from the veggies will wilt the spinach, but keep its vibrant green color (and all its nutrients too!)
- the base: you need 6 eggs, a little water to make it light and fluffy, and some milk of your choice (i had hazelnut, but any kind of milk will do) ~ just a couple gluggs. whisk feverishly!
- sprinkle in some salt and pepper, and i added herbes de provence, since i was going for that certain je ne sais quois.
- spread the veggies evenly across the semi-baked crust and pour the egg mixture on top.
- sprinkle some parm or other cheese on top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
serve with a fresh green salad and a mustardy vinaigrette.
the whole house smells like heaven!
so happy right now. full and happy.