you have GOT to try these. the tool needed is called a spiraler, and i got it at sur la table. but i bet they’ll have it at target soon, if not already. it looks like this…
i think it was $24 ~ can’t remember. anyway, here’s what amazingly satisfying and healthy dish you can make with a spiraler…
obviously there are 1,000 ways you can use this smart little tool, but here, i made zucchini “zoodles” with italian sausage and more…
here’s a recipe, but really, just make your favorite pasta dish and use these beautiful zoodles instead!!!
or just come over to my house. 🙂
zoodles ~ italian style
- this is a one-pan meal! in a large sautee pan, heat some olive oil.
- start with some thinly-sliced onions, or you can use the white parts of a few green onions. i had those from the farmers market, so that’s what i used.
- add italian sausage and brown.
- toss in some italian dried herbs, like oregano and crushed red pepper. whatever you have! also, add some kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- add 2-3 cloves garlic, minced.
- add mushrooms, or any other veggie you prefer (red bell pepper would be divine!)
- finally, add some chopped tomatoes to the pan.
- toss and heat through, then spoon the mixture into a bowl. scrape the pan clean.
- add some more olive oil to the pan and throw in the zoodles. toss with salt and pepper and cook for just a few minutes ~ until the zoodles soften just a bit.
- plate the zoodles, then top with the sausage mixture. add fresh basil and fresh grated parmesan.
it’s that easy! enjoy!