oh momma ~
the chicken salad of your dreams. that is, if you’re the type of girl who dreams about food, like i do.
okay, here’s how good it is: i don’t like chicken all that much. i really don’t like chicken salad. and i don’t like yogurt. but for some reason, this chicken salad with yogurt dressing is a home run.
this chicken salad is much like the curried chicken salad that i love so much, but with more of a fresh herb, italian flare to it.
check it out…
chicken salad w/strawberry-basil yogurt dressing
- make the dressing first: in the bottom of a large mixing bowl, whisk the following ~ 1/3 cup greek yogurt, a dollop of strawberry preserves, a couple glugs balsamic vinegar, a dollop of stone ground mustard, S&P, and handful of fresh chopped basil.
- Grocery store rotisserie chicken is your best friend ~ take off the skin and chop and drop.
- Add veggies: celery, red onion, shredded carrots, broccoli, or broccoli slaw, if you’re lazy like me.
- Add fruit: a small can of mandarin oranges, halved red and green grapes, golden raisins.
- Add nuts: something crunchy like pistachio nut-meats, cashews, or even peanuts.
- Toss and refrigerate. Serve over baby spinach leaves, or in lettuce cups!