this isn’t even a recipe, it’s so easy. it’s not very often that you come across an entire meal with only four ingredients…that’s good for you, anyway. sure ~ hamburger, bun, french fries. but this is light, delicious fish with veggies!
remember the baked fish i had at the amish restaurant my mother and i went to? well, this is my version!
- drop a fresh piece of tilapia, cod, or swai down into a baking dish with sides. (i just made one piece of fish because i was a bachelorette that night, so i used a loaf pan.)
- lay sliced portobello mushrooms over top.
- pour your favorite italian dressing over the whole thing. there are some pretty clean, healthy dressings out there right now, and they’re usually with the bagged lettuce, refrigerated. i used olive garden italian dressing because i had a hankering.
- bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. check the fish for doneness. maybe your oven is hotter…
- add steamed broccoli (i made mine in the microwave ~ season broccoli with salt and pepper, put in a bowl with just a little water, and cover. cook for 2 minutes.)
isn’t that the easiest? i’m gonna make it again tonight!