this is it.
the cookie of your DREAMS.
it’s got all the words you like to hear ~ chewy, crisp, chocolate, oats, cinnamon, GLUTEN-FREE ~ all my favorite words!
the only thing i haven’t conquered is the no sugar thing. i’ll work on it next time and let you know!
it’s just a basic recipe (found it on the weight watchers website) but i changed the flour out and used my new superfood seed flour.
i think it took the WW points down from 4 points a cookie to 3, which isn’t that much, but the nutritional value is through the roof. you’re getting hemp, pumpkin, chia, flax, sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds, all ground up into a flour, rather than the old refined, white, gluten-filled kind. you cannot go wrong with this substitution!!!
here’s where you can buy this flour! http://www.guiltlesssuperfoods.com/
it’s my first time using this new flour and i am VERY pleased. i’m going to try using it in place of bread crumbs today ~ i’ll let you know how things turn out!
also, i’ve added this seed flour to the WW foods list, so if you’re tracking your points, you should be able to find the info on that site now…
enough jibber jabber! here’s a mouth-watering glance, and the recipe!!!!
here’s the glorious recipe.
- measure the following into a mixer and mix until creamy:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- add one egg and one teaspoon vanilla, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the following dry ingredients:
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick cooking rolled oats (gluten free if you are that kinda girl)
- 3⁄4 cup guiltless superfood seed flour (or regular flour…)
- 1⁄2tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little at a time.
- add 1/2 cup chocolate chips (i love the darkest chocolate i can find…)
- bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until brown and crispy. let your nose tell you when they’re ready!