All the meals have been delivered and now I’m home and feeling SO GRATEFUL. This has already been such a wonderful journey, and it’s just the first day!
I made juices, smoothies and salads for 9 people this morning. Man, it was so hard to do this for more people than just little ole me, but I think I’ve got the hang of it now!
Just a couple things before I post the recipes:
- I have done so many detoxes and cleanses, and have never completed them because they were just too strict. So I really want to stress that I think it’s best for us to listen to our bodies, and take our activity levels into account, and allow ourselves to eat a handful of raw almonds, or add a lean protein with your salad at night, if you need to. I feel strongly about this, after beating myself up so many times. These cleanses should be a time of reflection and just letting your body breathe. No guilt!
- I also feel like we shouldn’t cut out caffeine completely either, if you already drink it. Just make it “clean” caffeine (no soda ~ green tea or black coffee is best) and limit your intake to just one cup in the morning ~ no sugar or cream. We Americans don’t even let ourselves be tired! It’s okay to have a sluggish moment here or there!
This cleanse is power-packed with all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients your body has been dying for – so let’s focus on that, instead of focusing on what we can’t have, or what we shouldn’t have, okay? If you slip up and eat something naughty, just remember: you have given yourself so much already today. You are fortified, and that’s a powerful thing!
Here are the recipes!
(almost all of these ingredients are organic, by the way)
CARROT-ORANGE VITAMIN C BLASTER
This is what went in the juicer at 4:30 this morning:
- 1 large bag of carrots
- 4 oranges (peel and all!)
- 1 large jicama
- 3 inches ginger
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 pineapple
BERRY YUMMY SMOOTHIE
The key to a healthy smoothie is this concoction I made up over the weekend ~ it’s raw almonds, raw cashews, and hemp hearts, covered in water, and allowed to sit overnight. The next day, blend and add more water if you want a thinner consistency. It’s a creamy hemp/nut milk that serves as a healthy base for these smoothies.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup hemp/nut milk
- spinach water (blend 3 cups water with 2-3 large handfuls of spinach for 90 seconds)
- frozen berries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 lemons, rind and seeds removed
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
These measurements are for very large smoothies for all your friends. But it’s easy to cut them down ~ you don’t have to worry about exact measurements.
HAIL CAESAR! KALE CAESAR
This is a seriously great way to get your kale in. It’s really filling, but I recommend adding a small piece of salmon or a veggie soup to go with it if you’re starving.
Here’s what’s in it…
- kale (duh)
- red onions (macerated in red wine vinegar overnight)
- sliced raw almonds
- cooked chick peas
- sunflower seeds
Here’s the dressing:
In a blender, combine 2-3 cloves garlic, the juice of 1 or 2 fresh lemons, 1-2 Tablespoons tahini paste, 1-2 Tablespoons stone ground mustard, 1 Tablespoon honey, 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper ~ and blend! Adjust the measurements according to taste. This dressing will keep in the fridge nicely for a few days.
Don’t forget to drink TONS OF WATER!!! And also ~ journal, meditate and breathe!!!
One thought on “pixycleanse day 1!”
I would gladly pay you $100 if you would bring this to me. Well, I guess that is not going to happen since I live 130 miles away. Boo-hoo!