i must have slept really well, because i woke up feeling great! how about you, pixycleansers?
by the way, if you’re not doing the PIXYCLEANSE, sorry for these posts! i promise i’ll get back to posting yummy food by saturday! thank you for your patience!
yesterday, i cheated a lot because i really had only gotten a couple hours sleep. but today, i really feel like i can stay on target a little better. that being said, i’m pretty sure the hub and i will have a nice vegan soup for dinner. i have a bunch of homemade soups in the freezer and i think i’ll need to add a warm meal to my day. i get really cold when i eat raw.
i hope you all have energy when you need, but are taking it slow when you can as well. i’m definitely moving slowly, but feeling clear-headed, too.
so, today is TUESDAY GREEN DAY ~ everything is full of green this, green that. when it’s green, you know it’s clean, y’all.
except mcdonald’s shamrock shakes.
definitely. not. clean.
is that even a real green color, though?
oh man i’m so grossed out just talking about mcdonald’s. here are today’s meals!
- 2 or 3 stems of broccoli (leftover from the salad listed below)
- 2 packages of celery
- 4 inches ginger
- one bunch parsley
- half box wheat grass (although i think my juicer wasn’t powerful enough to juice it)
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 limes
- 4 apples
MEAN GREEN CLEAN SMOOTHIE
- 2 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups spinach water (2 1/2 cups water blended with 2 handfuls spinach until homogenous)
- 1 cup nut cream (nuts and hemp hearts soaked in water overnight, then blended until creamy)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 cups mango
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup leftover ALL-THINGS-GREEN ELIXIR (or just use more spinach water)
- 1-2 cups ice
POPEYE’S SPINACH SALAD (can’t wait to eat this tonight!)
- fresh, organic spinach
- broccoli florets
- segmented oranges
- red onions (macerated in apple cider vinegar)
- roasted curried chick peas
- sliced almonds and sunflower seeds
- chopped wheat grass and dill
if you’re making this salad ahead of time, here’s what to do:
- make your dressing: juice of an orange, honey, poppy seeds, dijon mustard, olive oil, your favorite vinegar, salt and pepper. (oops ~ i think i forgot the dijon this morning!)
- add the dressing to your broccoli, oranges and macerated onions in a separate container and toss.
- keep the rest of your ingredients in another container and just toss together when you’re ready to eat. the dressing has been softening the broccoli, and the veggies and fruit have been flavoring the dressing!
“IN A PINCH” BREAKFAST BARS
these bars are packed with nuts, fruits, dried fruit, oats, and flax meal. no sugar, no dairy, no gluten. they really can help you when you have to run out the door in the morning. just make these bars and put them in your freezer. pull one out before you hop in the shower and they will be defrosted by the time you leave the house. or pop them in the microwave.
i’ve made these bars a few different ways now, and i don’t quite have the exact recipe figured out. stay tuned!