i’ve made a few nice meals since my radio silence, but nothing that really felt like it was worth your time.
this, my friends, is my new favorite thing. and it may get me to my next health goal just that much faster.
i don’t know about you, but i need health food to be comfort food. i need meals to be warming, chewy, crunchy, slurpable, and satisfying.
here’s my latest craze:
have you ever seen anything so scrumptious and full of color?
these bowls take five minutes ~ no, less than five minutes, to throw together. they’re hot, savory, spicy if you want them to be, and just vegetables and broth. no specific veggies needed ~ just what you like, or what you’ve got in the fridge.
i could have made this for 10 people tonight, so you large families ~ this is possible! chinese takeout takes way too long and is unhealthy. make this instead!
tonight was an asian inspired bowl, but you could do any theme ~ italian, mexican, or just good ole american comfort food.
there’s no recipe. just get the idea…
- cut up a bunch of veggies from your fridge. could have garlic and onion, but doesn’t have to.
- sautee them in a pan with a little, i mean just a teaspoon, of coconut oil. salt to bring out the juices and flavor of the veggies of your choice.
- after a few minutes, add some water, and throw in a dollop of BETTER THAN BOUILLON veggie stock, or miso paste, or use veggie stock instead of water.
- add soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
- in the last minute, add a big handful or two of fresh chopped spinach.
- top with hot sauce or fresh herbs if you want to take it to the next level.
- done, and done.
here’s what is specifically in my dish tonight:
- roasted yellow beets
- fresh grape tomatoes
- shitake mushrooms
- fresh spinach
- miso paste
- soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
- “rooster” hot sauce
it’s hot, brothy, spicy, gorgeous.
i’ll make an italian one next time and post it!
happy veggie eating!!!