i am thrilled with my newest creation ~ this absolutely stunning raspberry vinaigrette.
it’s so easy to make a big batch of this tart, fruity dressing, and keep in your fridge for CONSTANT. SALAD. ACTION.
store-bought salad dressings are full of sugar, corn syrup (same thing), soybean oil (yuck), and sodium. i hate the way they taste. this is a salad dressing you can make at the beginning of the week and use all week long. it’s too easy not to!
here’s the recipe, hot off the press!!!
GORGEOUS RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- one small bag of frozen raspberries (i bet you have one in your freezer right now!)
- shallot or red onion
- your favorite vinegar ~ apple cider, balsamic, champagne…
- dijon mustard and stone ground mustard
- fresh dill (or dried)
- poppy seeds
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- drop the frozen raspberries into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. cook on medium for about 5 minutes, until the raspberries are cooked through. strain through a fine mesh sieve, and allow to cool.
- once the raspberry liquid is cool, grate one shallot into the bowl (1-2 tablespoons), add a splash of vinegar, drop in 1-2 tablespoons of honey, and add 1-2 tablespoons of each kind of mustard. (remember you’re making a good amount of this stuff)
- season with a 1-2 tablespoons poppy seeds, a handful of freshly chopped dill, and salt and pepper to taste. whisk.
- whisk in the olive oil. if you like a lot of olive oil, it’ll probably be 1/2 to 3/4 cup. i like around 1/3 cup or less. whisk until emulsified and gorgeous.
that’s it! and that salad is everything i had in my crisper ~ butter lettuce, celery, broccoli, radishes, fennel, kalamata olive, grape tomatoes, and some chopped nuts.
if you use kale for this salad, don’t forget that kale likes to be massaged. so put some dressing in a ziplock bag with the kale and massage it for a few minutes to break down that gnarly kale.
**this dressing would be glorious for chicken salad!!!! with feta, mandarin oranges, and walnuts? mmmm….