this post is brought to you by ~ italian tuna.
you do not need to use this imported tuna i’m crazy about, labeled “tonno”, but i highly recommend you at least try it once. i’ve talked about it before, and here i am mentioning it again. it’s SUBLIME.
what? you didn’t think canned tuna could be sublime? well, then you REALLY have to try this tuna.
it has a gold label, and is usually on the bottom shelf. it costs more than the other stuff, but look, you’re still having an amazing lunch for only a few dollars, even if you buy the good stuff. so treat yo-self.
and since i can’t have any crackers or bread with my tuna today, here’s an easy take on a stuffed tomato. i’m absolutely nuts over it.
TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES
‘gredients: (these are just suggestions ~ you can use whatever you like in a tuna salad. celery, green onion, boiled eggs ~ whatever)
- one can tuna (italian if you deserve, and you do)
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped pickled items (pickles, sauerkraut, pickled banana peppers)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt, pepper, celery seed, dill
- frank’s hot sauce
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- chopped cilantro
- preheat the oven to broil.
- cut two tomatoes in half and level the bottom half, so it stands up. cut out the flesh and chop it up. put it in a mixing bowl.
- add the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl, except for the cilantro. mix together and stuff the tomatoes with the mixture.
- broil in the oven for 10 minutes. top with the cilantro.
too easy for words!!!