i’ll just leave this right here…
i can’t help it ~ i think veggies and vinaigrette in a martini glass are the most beautiful thing ever.
okay, 2nd to my hub’s martinis.
works of art. seriously.
but i’m off the sauce so a greek salad will do.
here’s how to make this fabulous spring brunch/lunch/snack food!
GREEK SALAD CEVICHE
make your vinaigrette first, in the bottom of a large bowl.
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- a pinch of sugar or honey
- salt and pepper
- chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard or stone ground mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
whisk together, then drizzle in some olive oil ~ 2-3 tablespoons ~ until emulsified.
full disclosure ~ i don’t ever measure any of this ~ i’m just giving you some general-idea measurements, but everyone is different. maybe you hate mustard. so use less. more garlic? do it!
then, chop and drop in the following:
- bell pepper (either use all green pepper or a mixture of red, yellow and orange)
- red onion
- kalamata olives
stir and throw in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
just before serving, add:
- feta cheese
- more fresh basil
- some fresh cracked black pepper
serve in a martini glass to class up the joint!!!
you can always get creative ~ add artichoke hearts or use green onions instead of red onion, etc.
this lasts in the fridge for about 3 days.
unless you’re like me and you can’t stop eating it.