it’s confession time. i’m ready to make a change and i feel like sharing it with you all…
i’ve been on this roller coaster ride of trying new diets, new workouts, eliminations, cleanses, and detoxes ~ for who knows how long now. it’s not really a yo-yo dieter situation, because i basically have not lost one single pound during any of it. okay, well maybe i have fluctuated 5 pounds here and there.
and i’m not saying that none of it works. i’m just saying that most of it doesn’t work for me. currently, i’m on an app where you track your food and exercise. kinda like weight watchers, but something else. and i tell you, for some reason, it has been the WORST thing for me. i have only gained weight. i have only felt like an extreme failure every single day. i was so much better off when i was just living my life.
i am constantly trying to cure my digestive issues, and everything that spirals out of that problem. constantly. it is an on-going, never-ending struggle, and no matter how extreme i have gotten, i have never seen a difference. the most potent probiotics and pre-biotics don’t seem to make even a dent.
i have been vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, paleo, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free, caffeine-free, sugar-free.
i have run, i have done yoga, i have taken HIIT and weight-training boot camps, i have done pilates at home. and i’ve liked it all, but haven’t been able to stick with anything long enough to see a difference in my body.
i have tried lots and lots of products on the market to help fade my sunspots ~ even laser. i know they’re not going to disappear completely, but just a little fading would be really nice.
i’m tired of this rat race with no results.
it’s time for me to break the cycle and cut loose. (“everybody cut, everybody cut”…sing it with me!)
here’s what i know for sure:
- i feel amazing when i drink tons of water, eat fresh fruits, vegetables, lean and clean meats and fish, nuts, seeds, green tea, dark chocolate, and red wine. everything else is questionable.
- i feel amazing when i drink a green juice every morning. this is the one i absolutely love: https://www.organifishop.com/collections/organifi-green-juice. you just scoop a little into a glass of water, stir, and drink. the hub is addicted.
- i am always going to be be a coffee snob, but i am also now obsessed with green tea. especially genmaicha and sencha green tea. the best place to get tea is an asian market. it’s so inexpensive and has an amazing flavor. once you find your fave, you can just order it on amazon till the cows come home.
- i feel trapped in the midwest, with all the driving everywhere, the unhealthy eating and drinking habits at every turn. i mean, i live so close to GATES BBQ that i can smell it from my front door. ugh ~ so good. but, i live here and i need to make it work. i need to stop saying it would be so much easier if i lived in italy or california. i live in kansas city and i love it here. i need to stop making excuses and make my own healthy empire right here and now.
- my body has revealed to me in the last 5 years that it is going to keep weight on if it damn-well pleases. i have tried everything and nothing has worked, so i’m going to take “losing weight” off my list of desires, and replace it with the other desires i have: to feel great, to digest well, to be healthy inside and out, to glow from a healthy lifestyle, to be strong physically, mentally and spiritually, and to be balanced in this crazy life of mine.
- moving combats depression. pure and simple. the more i move, the better i feel. i love to dance. love it.
here’s what i’m NOT going to do anymore:
i’m ready to give up on the quest to be thin again.
i’m going to stop monitoring every morsel that goes into my body. all that does is make me want to eat unhealthy things. i was eating an incredibly healthy diet before i tried to lose any weight, and i felt great and was happy. so i’m going back.
i’m going to stop weighing.
i’m going to stop logging my meals and exercise.
i’m going to stop stressing and worrying and looking at my body in the mirror in disgust.
i’m going to stop dreading summer clothes ~ the MOO-MOO IS BACK!!!
i’m going to stop eating crap at restaurants just because my friends want to go to unhealthy eating establishments. surely there’s a salad on the menu!
i genuinely believe i am doing harm by stressing myself out with this current mindset, and i’m done, folks.
does anyone else feel this way out there?
i’ve got some beautiful new recipes to share with you ~ more soon!!!