say it with me ~ CHI. MEEEEE. CHURRRRR. EEEEE!!!
is there any yummier word in the world?
have you had chimichurri sauce? if you haven’t, get your blender out and make this sauce tonight! arrrrrriba!!!
i made this sauce yesterday and it was a vibrant, beautiful green color. it’s a little dull today, but here’s a pic anyway…
num num nummmmm….
here’s how to do it!
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
blend and add a few tablespoons of water to thin out. use this sauce on anything and everything!! except maybe chocolate cake. don’t use it on chocolate cake.
i could drink this stuff.
here are some yummy uses!
- as a marinade for skirt or flank steak, shrimp, or chicken! great on the grill!
- marinate portobello mushrooms and grill. fill with something yummy like cooked barley salad, or something clean and healthy. (trying something tonight ~ i’ll post a recipe!)
- use as a dressing for salads!
- mix with hummus and serve with crudite.
- brush on fresh veggies and grill to perfection!
- use as a dressing for quinoa or barley-based salads. i would normally say pasta but i’m eating clean these days…
make this one soon and you’re going to love everything you grill!