i know, i know ~ i’m clearly on an italian binge.
not an “italian men” binge! let me just clarify!!!
but listen, today’s lunch was so yummy that i just HAD to post it.
you have to understand that i need to post these amazing meals just for me. i need to remember what to make when i’m dying for comfort food, or happy food, or whatever. i tend to have amnesia about my favorite meals to make.
hence the blog.
i actually made a more simplified version of this meal yesterday. just a little first course the italians call the “primi” ~ which is usually pasta, but i used zucchini noodles!
here’s the first version:
ZUCCHINI ALL’AMATRICIANA ~ (all-a-mah-tree-cha-nah)
just in case you’re a nerd like me and want to pronounce it correctly ha ha.
i don’t know why that picture has some kind of “romantic” filter. but can you believe that’s zucchini?
here’s the recipe!
- run two zucchinis through a spiralizer. or you can use a vegetable peeler if you don’t have a spiralizer. it’ll make long lasagna-like noodles.
- boil for 5 minutes in salted water, just like you make pasta.
- meanwhile, in a sauce pan, crisp up some chopped prosciutto in a little olive oil. you can also add chopped onion and garlic at this time, if you want.
- then add a can of san marzano tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, some salt and pepper to taste, and any other seasonings you like in tomato sauce, like oregano.
- drain the zucchini and dry in a kitchen towel.
- toss zucchini with the tomato sauce and serve topped with fresh parmeson cheese.
i thought this dish was SOOOO good, until today, when i stepped it up a notch.
THIS is my dish. if i could eat this once a day, i would.
i’m gonna call this dish…
ha ha ha.
- make the above recipe and add tuna and capers. that simple.
- you can add kalamata olives and italian parsley or basil, and get really fancy, but i didn’t and still swooned my way through the dish.
and how healthy is this dish!!!!