Happy New Year, Everyone!
How are you feeling this beautiful January morning? Sorry for the extra perk and positivity this morning ~ I woke up feeling like today is truly the beginning of a great journey. 2018 was great, but 2019 is going to ROCK.
I think this might be a good time to take a quick assessment of how you are feeling. Maybe you are a caretaker, and you are only thinking of others. You might have aches and pains you didn’t even know you had. Or maybe you’ve just gotten so used to those sore muscles or those headaches that you’ve shut them out.
Today is a good day to pay attention to your body and take a quick scan of what’s going on. And write it down. My most disturbing body issue is this mouse in my left ear, delivering Morse Code to the troops. I’d give anything to get this darn tinnitus to go away.
I have other strange ailments that make no sense whatsoever (What is that odd pain in my foot? Did I run a marathon yesterday?) No doubt it is inflammation brought on by a laundry list of very yummy food and drinks, and lack of exercise. WOMP WOMP.
I feel like Debbie Downer, but I gotta face the facts. There’s a REASON why I’m doing this reset!!!!
Let’s move on before we all start crying.
Today is PREP DAY for PIXY’S 21-DAY RESET!!!!
I will be journaling each day to let you know what I’m doing, and deliver the goods that you all came for ~ amazing recipes and healthy food ideas!
But first, here are the most basic guidelines from the Whole 30 book…
Okay?? So the book is over 400 pages long, but those are the rules. Pretty cut and dry. We’ll get more detailed as we go, but let’s not overwhelm ourselves. I tend to be an overachiever, and then I poop out early. Just keep things simple, Pixy. Keep it simple.
I don’t think these rules are surprising to anyone. I’m sure we all knew all along that anything outside of these rules is up for review. I’m not a fan of meat, but I will eat a little bit more of it these next 3 weeks, just to stay on plan. And I am a big fan of beans, as most plant-based people are. But I’m going to stick to this plan because they might be causing my digestive issues. You just never know.
Try not to worry too much about whether you’re doing it right or not. If you just stick to those rules up there, you’re going to see a difference. And try to use common sense. Yes, MacDonald’s french fries are a vegetable. Yes, bacon is a meat. But let’s go for the gold and spend 21 days eating what your body actually wants ~ NUTRIENTS AND FRESH FOOD.
So here’s what I’m doing for PREP DAY:
- CLEANING MY KITCHEN. Getting rid of all holiday fare: Chex mix, peanut butter pretzels, chips, leftover sugar cookies. Wiping everything down and making it SING.
- HITTING THE GROCERY STORE. We’re on a tight budget right now, so I’m not going to get anything fancy. Just the basics: lots of seasonal veggies, or whatever looks amazing, some fruit (lemons for sure!), a big salmon filet, some ground turkey meat, cage free eggs, and avocados. Oh baby ~ lots of avocados.
- GETTING MY DRINKS LINED UP. It’s all about the drinks in my house, so I’ve got to get organized and have great beverages on hand. I’ll do a post soon that just focuses on drinks.
- TAKING IT SLOW. I’m going to be kind to myself today. I’m going to go slow and enjoy every step of this PREP DAY. No rush, no pressure. Shoulders down.
- MAKING MY LIST OF LUXURY. This is a list I started last year that has all the “treats” and “luxuries” I love, that don’t have anything to do with food or drinks. Bubble bath is at the top. Journaling and yoga are on there, too. A good book in front of the fire is an absolutely luxury, when you really think about it.
- JOURNALING. I want to chronicle every step of this journey. Mostly on here! I want you to know when I’m at the bottom, what is making me feel like a million bucks, and everything in between. I don’t know about you, but I’m so tired of only hearing one side of the story on social media. I’m not going to keep anything from you!
Okay that’s it for now. Let me know how you’re doing! I’ll post more tonight!