I wasn’t going to post my boring salad dinner tonight, but this dressing was so delicious that I just had to.
Okay listen ~ this isn’t the prettiest picture but I wanted to post the evidence of a creamy, delicious, but VEGAN ranch dressing!
Here’s the recipe:
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
Drop the following in a blender:
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt (yogurt made with coconut milk ~ it tastes just the same!)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider, white, or rice wine)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained
- 1 date, soaked in the same water with the cashews
- 1/4 cup veggie broth (you can leave this out if you like a thicker dressing)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon bragg’s liquid aminos (or you can use soy sauce)
- a handful of fresh cilantro, basil or parsley. Or all!
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, salt, and pepper
- Opt. ~ add some extra virgin olive oil if you need a little more dressing, or you don’t like the consistency.
I know that’s a long list of ingredients, but all you do is throw it all in the blender and let it do the work. Then you have fresh, healthy, delicious dressing that you can keep in your fridge for the week!