Happy Spring! Let’s celebrate the warm sun with a teacup full of sunshine and health! Huzzah!
This gazpacho is special ~ it doesn’t use bread to thicken ~ it uses one boiled egg (or more if you want to get your protein on!)
It also does not contain cucumber. I wanted to keep the flavor bright, but not too intense. Plus, the Hub hates cucumber (he calls it a bully because it takes over all other flavors). And final reason? I didn’t have cucumber in my fridge upon making this gazpacho.
Please, friends, use what you’ve got! You’ll most likely be pleasantly surprised!
Add any veggies to this soup, and enjoy it cold ~ straight outta the fridge.
Drop the following into a blender:
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes (only the best for a soup you’re not even going to cook)
- 1/4 chopped onion, any color
- 1 pepper (any color but green)
- 2 stalks (and leaves) of celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Seasonings: salt, black pepper, celery seed, fresh herbs of any kinds (I had thyme)
- 1 or 2 hard-boiled eggs
Blend well, then put in the fridge to make out with each other. Maybe you should find someone to make out with as well? Hmmmm?
It’s ready any time! It’ll really fill you up and make you feel like you had all yo veggies!!!