This is the best cereal I’ve ever fueled my body with.
It’s only nuts and seeds, y’all.
It’s basically my old granola recipe, but without oats. You can add oats if you want! But if you’re staying away from grains, this is the cereal for you.
There’s some dried fruit in there. Take that out if you’re watching your sugar…
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Dump the following into a food processor: raw almonds, hemp hearts, flax seeds, and any other nut you love (walnuts are amazing in this). Pulse until you get the right consistency. If you have sliced raw almonds, you might be able to skip this step. Whatever works for you. Make sure everything is raw and unsalted.
- Add 1-2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil, and 1-2 Tablespoons REAL maple syrup (it’s worth the investment!). Stir or pulse in the food processor if you don’t want to dirty up a bowl.
- Add your seasonings: cinnamon, a pinch of salt, garam masala, and anything else you love. I also love a pinch of clove or apple pie spice.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Use two pans if you’re making a lot.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the mix starts to brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container. Serve with almond milk.
It’s that easy!
And a little bowl of this is very filling ~ you don’t need more than a 1/3 cup to fuel your morning, or get you past those nighttime cravings.
I really do love cereal, so this has been awesome for me. Making some more today!