It’s that time of year, and it doesn’t matter if you can’t socialize safely right now. That just means more food and beer for YOU!
So FaceTime your favorite German, crack open a Hefeweizen, and enjoy these packets of goodness all by yourself!
Kielbasa & Cabbage Freezer Packets
- 1/2 head cabbage sliced thinly, core removed
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced thinly
- 2-3 medium potatoes sliced thinly
- 1 green apple sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut for extra flavoring
- 1-2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large Kielbasa link sliced into large pieces
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste (you can always add more later)
- Mix all ingredients together, except for the kielbasa, in a large bowl. Divide among 6-8 foil pieces, and lay the kielbasa on top of each pile of veggies.
- Top with another foil piece and crimp the sides up, until they’re air tight.
- Put foil packets into a large freezer container (or use freezer foil ~ that’s a thing).
- You now have dinner for many nights to come! Each packet should be one serving, so moderate it based on your family (from little kiddos to large Scandinavian husbands).
- Preheat the oven or grill to 400 degrees. Drop the packets in straight from the freezer to the oven.
- Cook for 50 minutes. It’s that easy!
(That means yummy in Octoberfestland…)