Folks, I really couldn’t find a flattering angle for these absolutely delicious stuffed peppers.
Dull and lackluster, I’m afraid.
But do you promise that you’ll trust me and just try this easy and incredible dish anyway? The flavor is anything but dull ~ I swear.
All you need is tuna, peppers, some kind of soft cheese, fresh spinach, and hot sauce! It’s not even worth making a fancy recipe.
Oh alright, I’ll make one. For Pete’s sake!
(Who’s Pete anyway?)
Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- 2 bell peppers cut in half, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 can tuna italian packed in olive oil is divine!
- 1/2 cup soft cheese cream cheese, Boursin, goat cheese, or a combo
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- your favorite taco or chili seasoning mix to taste
- 1+ cup shredded cheese any cheese will do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all of the filling ingredients, except for the shredded cheese.
- Stuff the halved peppers and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a small glass baking pan with about a cup of water or broth in the bottom, to help soften the peppers. Bake until the cheese gets brown on top ~ 25-30 minutes.
- Top with cilantro, more seasonings, or my favorite ~ HOT SAUCE!
As usual, this is an extremely versatile recipe. Add zucchini, artichoke hearts, corn, chicken instead of tuna, you know the drill. Use what you have in your fridge and pantry!
That tuna, though. It’s so yummy.
3 thoughts on “Tuna Stuffed Peppers.”
It’s so yummy! I was a bit embarrassed to post it because it’s not that interesting, but the flavor ROCKS!
Such a great idea, I would never think to stuff peppers with tuna.