After a summer of eating all the fun things, I gotta say, I’m miserable. I’ve gained weight, I’m bloated (you’re welcome), and I can’t get off my butt for even one sun salutation.
Fun foods hurt my body.
So I’m back on the ‘ole keto train.
It’s not easy at the beginning. Feels kinda like a breakup. But they’re just feelings and they will definitely pass.
In the meantime, I need easy, lazy meals and snacks that keep me on-plan, until I’m strong again.
Here’s a yummy lunch I made today ~ a salmon poke bowl with cauliflower rice.
If you have a Trader Joe’s in your town ~ the smoked salmon is super cheap, and I love the “everything bagel” version.
Here’s how I made this easy meal…
Lazy Keto Poke Bowl.
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 1/2 package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped veggies of your choice
- soy sauce, sriracha, toasted sesame seeds, rice wine vinegar
- drop the cauliflower rice and cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. add a dash of rice wine vinegar and soy sauce, and mix together. add to the serving bowl.
- cut up the smoked salmon and add a dash of soy sauce. add to the bowl.
- chop up your choice of veggies (even as simple as cucumber or shredded carrots) and add to the bowl. add a dash of rice wine vinegar.
- sprinkle the entire bowl with toasted sesame seeds and sriracha, if you like it hot!
- obviously you can add lots of variations to this dish: delicious fresh grated ginger to the cauliflower rice, toasted sesame oil, cilantro ~ whatever you like. change it up each time!